On March 8th, 2012, Voxeo is implementing some configuration changes to the hosted Prophecy 11 staging environment related to ASR, which will affect those who currently use Prophecy ASR for voice recognition.
First, we’re making Voxeo Premium ASR, our premium speech engine with increased ASR accuracy, the default speech recognition engine. The previous default – Prophecy ASR – will cease to be available in Staging for new applications and will be fully phased out of Voxeo hosting by the beginning of the third quarter of 2012. None of your existing Staging applications should require any changes, but we recommend testing them on the new ASR engine in the Staging environment.
Second, we’re renaming our Prophecy 11 Staging platforms to more accurately reflect whether they contain Premium ASR and TTS. Any platform not annotated as containing Premium TTS will contain Voxeo’s standard US English TTS. The name changes are as follows:
- Prophecy 11 CallXML becomes Prophecy 11 CallXML Premium ASR
- Prophecy 11 CCXML becomes Prophecy 11 CCXML Premium ASR
- Prophecy 11 VoiceXML becomes Prophecy 11 VoiceXML Premium ASR
- Prophecy 11, Multi-Language CallXML becomes Prophecy 11 CallXML Premium ASR/TTS
- Prophecy 11, Multi-Language CCXML becomes Prophecy 11 CCXML Premium ASR/TTS
- Prophecy 11, Multi-Language VoiceXML becomes Prophecy 11 VoiceXML Premium ASR/TTS
- Prophecy 11 – VOD w/ SMS becomes Prophecy 11 VoiceObjects On-Demand w/SMS Premium ASR
- EU – Prophecy 11, Multi-Language CallXML becomes EU – Prophecy 11 CallXML Premium ASR/TTS
- EU – Prophecy 11, Multi-Language CCXML becomes EU – Prophecy 11 CCXML Premium ASR/TTS
- EU – Prophecy 11, Multi-Language VoiceXML becomes EU – Prophecy 11 VoiceXML Premium ASR/TTS
- EU – Prophecy 11 – VoiceObjects On-Demand becomes EU – Prophecy 11 VoiceObjects On-Demand Premium ASR/TTS
This will subsequently be rolled out across hosted production environments for Prophecy 11 over the next two to four weeks, and we’ll keep all customers updated ahead of the changes with global Support Tickets. If you’re currently using Prophecy ASR, thoroughly test your existing Prophecy 11 Production applications using the Premium ASR engine in the Staging environment before running your application in the Production environment. You should expect higher recognition accuracy, especially for shorter utterances.
Additionally, as a reminder, the end-of-life date for Prophecy 8 is March 31, 2012. After this date, Prophecy 8 will no longer be supported as a hosted offering, and no further fixes or features will be created. Remaining hosted apps will be migrated to Prophecy 11 in the near future. Those who need to remain on Prophecy 8 on an exception basis should contact us to learn more about additional fees that will apply. For more information about Migration, see http://help.voxeo.com/helpserver/go/evolution/Migration. Our support team is available 24/7 to assist with porting efforts.
- New Early Access version of Prophecy 9 available
- Start the New Year with a New Download of Prophecy 10! What will you build today?
- New Prophecy version (18.104.22.168) now available for download…
- New Prophecy 10 Release Candidate 1 now available for download (10.0.42798 RC1)
- New release of Prophecy 9 (9.0.42495) new available for download