Pavel Růžička recently shared this SlideShare presentation that may be useful for developers upgrading their media platform to use SIP but who would rather see the old number format instead of the SIP ANI.
The necessary steps to parse the SIP URI are as follows:
- Verify it is in SIP form;
- Remove the SIP prefix;
- Extract username and/or password;
- Revert to a simple number.
For the full how-to, see Pavel’s SlideShare presentation:
- Slides from T-Mobile: How To Enhance An Existing VoiceObjects Voice App With a Text Channel
- VoiceObjects: Managing Lists with DTMF Input
- Slides available for Voxeo CTO RJ Auburn’s JavaOne talk “Taking a SIP of Java”
- Slides: What is new in Prophecy 10?
- Slides: Mashups: Integrate Multiple Web Services Into Your App