Ovum’s Daniel Hong gave a great presentation today at the Voxeo EMEA Customer Summit: “Customer Experience Through the Customer’s Multichannel Lens.”
Drawing on numerous examples of how traditional photography utilizes techniques like composition and exposure, along with a variety of lenses that give the photographer a different focus, he found analogies in the customer self-service world:
- Lenses: Care, Operations, Sales, Marketing departments
- Composition: Customer Needs, Wants, Preferences
- Exposure: Enterprise understanding of customer needs, wants, preferences
He then presented research showing that customers are increasingly using new channels to engage with the enterprise; that access to customer service has improved across channels, particularly in the context of available information on the Web and the availability of multiple ways to reach CSRs such as web chat, SMS and social media; and that the majority of customers – 74% – use at least three channels to engage with customer service.
Social, mobile, “the cloud” and “big data” will impact customer experience in the upcoming years and ultimately, this will create more complexity, more information – and more opportunity to leverage “smart” devices’ capabilities to provide smart, connected interactions that cross these channels.
- Upcoming Webinar: Using Personalized Self-Service To Deliver a Better Customer Experience
- Free Webinar: How You Can Use Analytics and BI To Create A Better Customer Experience
- Register Today: Frost & Sullivan eBroadcast: Balancing Customer Experience and Profitability in a Mobile World
- Business Webinar: How to Transform your Customer’s Experience While Driving Down Costs
- View Business Webinar “How to Transform your Customer’s Experience While Driving Down Costs”